Many developers, testers and people are recording their iPhone/iPad screens with the help of jailbreak tweaks, but this means that you will have to jailbreak your device.
Is there any way you can escape Jailbreak and record your iPhone and iPad screen instantly?
Well, the answer is YES !
Since I started testing with uTest I've craved for an easy solution to record my iPhone screen. Many tests/customers request a video to be taken while submitting bugs, videos are one of the strongest proofs supporting your reported bugs.
But, my long wish hadn’t yet been fulfilled until I came across AirShou, the application that can do the job perfectly.
AirShou is an excellent iPhone screen recorder app. Unlike Reflector 2, it’s capable of recording your iPhone’s screen without the help of computer. All you have to do to get started with it is install it on your device and you are ready to capture your iPhone’s screen quickly. On the other hand, there is another advantage, exported videos are with an extremely beautiful super HD clarity and the size is very small compared to the size of videos exported from recording hardware, phones or even other applications. ( I am sure this will help testers to capture smaller sizes, upload them faster & at the same time this will save space on Hard Drives.)
I will give an example, I recorded my iPhone screen through another iPhone , exported the .mov Video that was 98 MB and it took me 20 minutes to upload it for my reported bug, when I discovered AirShou after few minutes I was extremely in a shock to find that the same video can be recorded straight from my iPhone without the need of another device or the help of mirroring my screen to a computer and the format was .mp4 with a size of only 8 Mb and the upload took me a minute !
Let's not talk a lot because I am sure that you are excited to try it so let the Party begin !
How to install AirShou on your iPhone/iPad ?
Steps are easy as 1,2,3 :
Step #1. Open http://emu4ios.net/ in Safari on iPhone or iPad and click on AirShou
Step #2. Now click on Get and the application will begin to install.
Step#3. VoilĂ ! After the download is finish you will see the AirShou application icon on your iPhone's desktop.
Now all what you have to do is to open the application, get a little bit familiar with it (e.g. recording landscape/portrait, saving the videos to your camera roll, start & stop recording, etc...) and that's it ! Believe it or not, that's it ;) !
Can’t Open the App? Here’s How to Fix
Just like any other third-party applications, since iOS 9, Apple has put extra restrictions upon them. As a result, users will have to trust the application they downloaded individually. This instructions is from Untrusted Developer issue.
Don't panic, this is fixable. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > General > Swipe down to the bottom and select "Device Management"
- On this page, you may find several enterprise apps
- Choose the app corresponding to the app that iPhone doesn’t let you open
- Tap on the Trust button and another one to confirm & that's it ;) !
I always had the passion to help people making their computerized life easier since I am working in the IT field. I hope that you enjoyed reading this and I wish you the best of luck in your tests!
Regards,
Sami Bakhour
No comments:
Post a Comment